Clinical and/or post-doctoral research fellowships in Neuropathology are available in the Division of Neuropathology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Fellows can be supported for 1 to 4 years to develop clinical neuropathological expertise and/or to develop an active research program applicable to neurologic diseases. For Board certification, clinical training includes one year of adult and pediatric neuropathology, 5 months of combination neurodegenerative / neuromuscular pathology and 1 month of combination neuroradiology / forensic neuropathology. Research interests within the division include mechanisms of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and HIV encephalitis, oncology, neurotransplantation, oxidative stress, and central control of obesity (http://neuro.pathology.pitt.edu/webstuff/faculty&fellows.html). The primary criteria for assessing applicants are their current and predicted future competitiveness to attain an independent academic/research career. Applicants may respond by completing the electronic application at: https://epssecure.upmc.com/path/fellowship/app-form.cfm along with a letter outlining their academic interests, career goals and a curriculum vitae to Clayton Wiley, M.D., Ph.D., Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, Room A506, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582. Phone: 412-624-9415, Fax: 412-624-5610, or by email: email@example.com.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The George Washington University, Washington, DC (posted 3/18/21)
- National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (posted 3/17/21)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (posted 5/4/18)
- Lifespan Academic Medical Center, The Miriam and the Rhode Island Hospitals, Providence, Rhode Island (posted 1/25/19)
- Southeastern Pathology Associates, Baptist Medical Center, Jacksonville, Florida (posted 11/16/18)
- The University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa (posted 10/18/18)
- Carolinas Pathology Group, Charlotte, North Carolina (posted 10/15/18)
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (posted 9/7/18)
- Rutgers University, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey (posted 8/8/18)
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi (posted 2/26/18)
- Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (posted 9/12/17)
- Weill Cornell Medical College, New York (posted 7/28/17)
- University of California, San Diego - Tenure-Track, Tenured (posted 5/15/17)
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana (posted 4/13/17)